These are just some of the disability and immediate pre-death planning services (for the terminally ill) that we may provide:
- A review of all provisions of the Living Trust and other related documents to be sure they are properly up-to-date with the law and to be sure beneficiaries are properly provided for.
- The transition of matters to the Successor Trustee now so he or she may assist you and your beneficiaries immediately.
- The making of gifts or other planning to reduce the size of your estate, thereby reducing or eliminating federal estate taxes.
- The installation of your “attorney in fact” appointed under your Durable Power of Attorney, where appropriate, so that he or she can attend to some immediate financial details.
- Making sure all your assets are owned by the Trustee where appropriate and checking on beneficiary designations to certain assets such as IRAs.
- Assisting you in obtaining Medicaid benefits to pay for nursing home expenses.